Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ogi Junior High School

What an excellent trip to Ogi this morning. It started to pour rain on my walk in so I didn't take any photos on the way BUT I did take an umbrella I found at the train station. They are the best. Just before I leave I will drop it off somewhere or "forget". We do rotating umbrellas here.

I had a tour from the Principal. He rolled out a scroll and there was my name featured in the staff (at the end) from twenty years ago. The scroll covered years of faculty and was done in beautiful calligraphy. An interesting keepsake for the school. 




 

On my way out I was greeted by five former adult English students. Oh what a wonderful reunion with photos and many laughs.



I took videos of the kids preparing for Sports Day, playing music, working in the computer lab, and on and on. The Prinicpal even sang the school song for me and I taped it. Amazing.


So, wait for the movie that I shall cobble together this evening after part two of my grueling day.

No comments:

Post a Comment